Monday, May 2, 2011

just like a fish

This baby seems to be growing just like a fish. I have been under the understanding that fish grow to the size of their environment within reason. A fish in a small tank stays small, but in a bigger tank, gets bigger. An amazing process if true, even a little. My daughter seems to be doing the same. She is growing fast and running through her clothes at lightening speed. As she outgrows items, we have been putting her in the next size up. They seem huge on her at first, and the next thing we know she is too big for those as well. I feel like we should just keep her in the tiny clothes to keep her small instead of giving her the opportunity to grow to fit the next size.
Those cloth diaper bums may also add a few inches :)

We are into the 7th week, and she seems right on target developmentally. Babies learn a lot each week. Thankfully there are e-mails sent to me weekly to keep me on track. How did parents live before the internet?

She has been sleeping in her bassinet for the last week every night and each sleep. Nights are broken up into 2 - 3 small sleeps. Each one is a success if she sleeps in her bassinet. The plan is still to move her to her own room at 3 months and she needs to be a successful sleeper on her own for the move. I also need to get monitors for the move so we have some time.

My mom's side is hosting a baby shower/meet the baby this month. I find it hard to have a shower this late, but there are tons of things we avoided buying knowing her side would have this. I am excited for the meet the baby part. I am not excited for the long drive down and the crowded drive back. Weekends should have been 3 days from the start.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Technically, your life is a weekend. It's that damn hubby and his working that is getting in the way of your 'weekend' Tell him to sort it out and stop ruinging weekends.
a

Christielli said...

Haha at Amy's comment!

I like your theory of how she grows into her clothing. Do you think it might work in reverse for me? I.e. if I squeeze myself into clothing two sizes smaller will I shrink into it (preferably with no healthy eating or exercise)?

s said...

C - I think that may work.....although I have seen some people in way too small of clothes and it didn't work for them.