Tuesday, May 17, 2011

the start of a real person

The baby is finally having some real interaction with us. She is no longer just a food/poop factory. The past week she has really started to interact with the things around her. She is much more observant to her mobile and follows specific characters, she is *'playing' with a baby toy and is smiling when we make faces at her. What a nice stage to move into. I feel like those small steps are big rewards for the last 2 months when her only interactions were cries to communicate. Don't let me fool you, she still cries and more often than I would like, but she now also smiles.

We started to take some video to capture the moments....hopefully we will figure out how to upload them off the video camera so we can share them. There is no time in life right now for learning new things!

Looking forward to the long weekend. I have no grand plans and nothing I would consider fun based on my younger years, but I have an extra day of dad time and that is awesome!

No comments: