Sunday, May 8, 2011

tactics in memory work

My memory is all about gone. I used to have an amazing one, and in some aspects I still do, but I lost it completely when it comes to the day to day activities. The one particular activity would be breastfeeding. I remember to do it and what time I last fed, for approximately how long, but I have no retention for the last breast used.

I was warned of this prior to giving birth and thought 'who can't remember something like that', easy enough to answer that now - ME. Not wanting to deny mothers before me and their infinite wisdom I bought a milk band. This is a rubber bracelet that you switch from left to right to remind yourself which breast is next. This device has a lot of potential if I had normal sized wrists. It just seems to turn itself over when I sleep or move my sleeves. It is also not very pretty.





I use it now and then but needed something better. I feed the baby 90% of the time in her bedroom in the rocking chair, so I devised a method for that room. When I feed her, I always use her nursing pillow, similar to the picture. I also always place a blanket down on the side she feeds from to capture spillage. So my great method became the practice of placing the blanket on the side I would feed next after I am finished. This works great at night. When I go into her room super tired and sit down, I just have to place her on the side with the cover. By the time she is done eating, I am awake enough to set myself up for the next feeding.



This method only works well if I feed in her room. The 10% I am not in there I am back to relying on memory.

Is there a better way out there?

1 comment:

Christielli said...

Why not just use a real bracelet instead of the ugly milk bracelet? It would give you a reason to buy something new and shiny!