Tuesday, May 31, 2011

vampires

I have decided that having a newish baby during the hot summer months is similar to having a vampire. I am now constantly seeking out activities that avoid all direct sunlight. Today is going to be a scorching hot one out there and I am hiding inside. I would normally be tending to gardens in some fashion (covered in a heavy SPF of course) but the baby cannot be out in this, so we are looking for indoor activities. A shady spot in the backyard will be available soon and then we can have some more outdoor time. I know her stroller/car seat combo has the ability to be full shade, but with a 10C in mugginess above an already hot temp., I feel bad strapping her into a hot little seat and then blocking all breeze to keep out all light.
Perhaps today is a good shopping day around town and then perhaps a good day to catch up on house stuff.

3 comments:

Christielli said...

Sounds like you'll have a summer full of malls and movies! Do they have the mommy and babies movie things in North Bay?

Anonymous said...

I feel bad for babies in the heat of summer, they can't tell you (other than crying) that they are uncomfortable, yet you still have to do things. You are welcome to come to my house, and paint my walls, while little M can be comfortable on the main floor sipping beers with me.
A

s said...

C: We do have the stars and strollers theater option here. I have gone twice and enjoyed it very much each time. It is really cheap as long as you don't buy junk to go with the movie.
I am hoping to get the deck done this week, then the gazebo in place and finally some shade.