Friday, December 17, 2010

going 3D

Tomorrow is my 3D ultrasound. So modern and high tech!!

Originally when we heard of these we liked the idea, then we saw the price and thought, regular medical ones are cool too and we get a live version eventually, but friends of ours bought it as a baby gift, so I am off tomorrow to see the baby. Long sentence, but kinda excited!

These 3D ultrasounds can give a really good look at what this baby will actually look like when born. You should be able to see her facial features and get a good idea of who she looks like. They are pretty amazing to see.
http://www.uc-baby.com/en/index.php

They have ideal times to view the baby, and apparently I am entering that now. I hope it is a good view so we have clear pictures.

I do have fears though - - I am always super nervous before an ultrasound, just in case something is wrong....this time more so as the ultrasound is being broadcast live for family. If there is anything wrong, everyone sees at once. I am sure she is fine, but maternal worries kick in. I also worry that she may be fugly! What if she is not cute on the screen....of course you always love your baby, but others love cute babies. Just say'n.

Tomorrow at 3, my uterus goes live for 1 hour. Wishing my husband was able to be there for the moment, but happy he can watch from Africa. It makes him feel less far away that we can share those moments in real time.

Dec 18th - update

Ultrasound went well. Africa saw it loud and clear! Here are a few pics to browse through

No comments: