Sunday, December 12, 2010

the end of 25

This is the end of the 25th week and now on to week 26. I am finishing trimester 2 right shortly!
It is nice to be able to have different goals throughout this pregnancy - each week seems sort of like an accomplishment, but then so does each trimester. I have 14 weeks left to go. That number seems a tad small and a wee bit scary.

This past week has been good. Nothing out of the ordinary and no appointments baby related of any kind. Work was ok, somewhat slow, but a good prep to the busy week I have coming up. Our office was moving over the weekend and I will be in a temp location at the main building for the next 4 weeks. Far from ideal, especially when my brain feels the need to sort through the program I run before my mat leave. I feel like I need to get things more organized at work that I do at home.

I am calling today - baby workout day. For the first time this season we are getting hit with a storm. We have had snow this season, but not too much. It was managable to shovel once after the entire fall and it not be a huge chore. Today though, in a 24 hr span we are expecting 40 cm. There is also a high wind out there causing some massive drifting. I have been out twice today (10:30 and 1:00) to shovel already and plan for a 3rd trip at 3pm. It is taking about a 1/2 hour a time to shovel just the decks, and dog path. I am trying to be careful of the baby and heavy lifting, so making lots of trips to keep her safe. I haven't even attempted the driveway which is well over a foot high now. We have a plow guy for that....hoping he comes before tomorrow. I just keep making small paths for him to know where the steps are on the deck.

Starting to hit some major mood swings lately and hating that. I seem to have a low tolerance for people who annoy me these days.....and a lot of people seem to be annoying.

Sleep has been touch and go this past week. A lot of vivid dreams, somewhat scary, and a very difficult time getting comfortable. I miss sleeping like a star fish on my stomach.

2 comments:

Christielli said...

Don't wear yourself out shovelling those walkways!

Congrats on the end of week 25.

Vivid dreams can make for interesting blog posts.

Anonymous said...

i also have mood swings, no tolerance for stupidity or loss of common sense. i'm not even with child. is it still ok?

when I get pregnant, I might cry a tthe realization that I will no longer be able to sleep on my stomach, I don't remember one time where I've fell asleep or woken up in any other position.

amy