Friday, April 8, 2011

last 10 lbs boot camp

don't I wish i had that show kicking my butt right now. i plateaued in my weight loss.....well I hadn't done a damn thing up until now and was just letting the weight do what it would for the first 3 weeks. I had gone for a few mild walks, but not actually for exercise, more for fresh air and to get out. with the birth and nature, I lost 28lbs in the last 3 weeks. I had gained A LOT in the end, so a quick drop of 28lbs was awesome....but now I still have 10 to go to be back at my pre baby weight. I don't actually care if I am at pre baby weight, but pre baby ass size to fit my pre baby jeans is more the goal. I fit all my cords, and yoga pants, but proper jeans are the goal. I figure boob weight accounts for something, so I am realistic that pre baby weight may be a while yet.

I went for an hour or more walk today and walked fast and hard the whole time.....and then came home and cleaned up the back yard for another 1/2 hr. I can really feel it in my legs with even walking. I had been so active pre pregnancy, then with the scare of loosing her, quit almost all activity for a while and only picked it up near the end....which added some extra chub.

I hope that a few long walks each week and starting back into yoga will help shed some thigh and ass....and possibly watching my carb intake in the evenings wouldn't hurt.....I can only blame needed calories for breast milk on so many treats.


Sleeping update: 1 night out of 5 she slept in her bassinet for part of the night.....but, she has been sleeping better even in the big bed. Less fussing when I put her down and quicker to sleep.....not the results I set out for, but still favorable.

1 comment:

Christielli said...

I hear that breast-feeding burns lots of calories. Keep doing that and you should be fine.