Wednesday, April 13, 2011

only 11 months left of mat leave

Add in a surprise face to that title!

Where did that first month go? Every day has been Tuesday since Makenzie arrived. I have no real definition to my week except for days I have somewhere to be.

I have been busy learning what babies are and how to care for one. A steep curve that has been. With the whole new baby business, learning to breastfeed (thought it would be easier), mastering a pooped diaper, bathing a slippery baby, going without sleep or washroom breaks, it has all summed up the month I guess.

I am more comfortable going places with her now. It took a few trips to feel confident that I could manage on my own. Yesterday was a big trip to the city alone and I managed to run errands and get to all my appointments. Next week will be an added bonus....a dentist appointment and a vet appointment. It will be the 2nd time the dogs will be in the vehicle with her and the first time I have all 3 on my own. OI!

We are planning to get out into the community more as spring continues. I have looked into some swimming times and local groups for babies. Next step is attending.
I have also looked into some fitness groups in town for the return of the yummy mommy. I loved my pre-baby bod and will rejoice in its return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do any studios offer baby and me yoga classes?
or just use her as a weight and do some sets of squats/bicep curls etc.
Amy

Christielli said...

Big city? What? You came here and didn't call me? ;)

Oh wait, you mean little ol' NB? Nevermind...