Friday, March 11, 2011

week of rest and relaxation

I had my first week off work and spent it doing NOTHING!! Perhaps not nothing, but I was quite lazy. I had a small to do list, a midwife appointment, viewed a daycare and set up wiener sitters for the march break should I go into labor. This weekend is the start of 39 weeks.

The smallest signs of labor, all the 'stuff' that 'could' happen before your baby arrives keeps me up at night. There seems to be a small list of things to watch for and when those things start to happen, you are on your way. Not necessarily on your way quickly, but within the next few hours to weeks. A small window in the grand scheme of it all. It is always very hard to keep that grand scheme perspective when you are in the moment.

My midwife appointment went well. We discussed my birth plan and made sure we were both on the same page. My check up went well - blood pressure still low and the babies heartbeat still where it should be. They couldn't feel her head anymore which means she dropped even further. That is one of those small signs of labor pending.

We viewed a home daycare last night. The lady seems really nice and the place seems clean, organized. etc. Apparently you need to book these things up to a year in advance, so we are close to running out of time. One place that was recommended in town is booked until 2012 past my date back to work. That means people who are only 1/2 way through a pregnancy have secured spots - insane! We made a list of questions, which Jason was much better at asking than I was and will have to weigh out the pros and cons. I have 1 more I would like to see in town before I decide if this is the way we go. The other place is at a centre, so it will be very different. Besides all the basics, I think it will come down to a cost vs. language debate. We both really want the care to be in French, but could sway for a lower cost.

The wieners met their possible sitter last night too. They put on a show as they always do for guests. Drake tried to hump a toy which has not been done in years and Edward worked on his best irritating, high pitched cry for well over an hour until she would play constant ball with him. Lucky I am not looking for daycare for them! At least she agreed to still watch them and pop in when we need her to for a few days should I go into labor this week.

I will try for another post later in the day/weekend with the birth plan and daycare questions.

No comments: