Sunday, March 6, 2011

tick tick tick

the clock is ticking now. i am 38 weeks this weekend and down to the final countdown. it really could be any day now. i was so very uncomfortable last night trying to sleep and my bladder is so compressed that i was up about 8 times to pee. each time i got up, i silently hoped that labor would start so I could just stop peeing.

my husband has put in the request to the baby that she wait for wednesday as he is tied up before then. wednesday or thursday would be ideal for me really. the timing of it works out perfectly.

my time at work wrapped up well. my co-workers took me out for lunch on thursday to my fav restaurant. it was nice to see all the support as close to 30 of them were able to come. they also spoiled the baby with tons of great presents. this baby has more clothes and cool stuff than i know what to do with.

my mom's side of the family always plans their shower for after the baby is born. i am used to their system, and understand that this is their way of seeing the baby, but it makes it tough to register when you need a bunch of stuff for her arrival. hopefully we avoided buying too much of the big stuff and saved it for them. my dad's side is having the same type of shower this time, except when she is 4 months old. they are going to take the educational route i am sure and fill up her book shelf. i am excited she has so much support before she has even arrived.

i have been told by SO MANY PEOPLE to spend the next 2 weeks resting, doing nothing and sleeping. i am going to be so happy when people stop giving advice.....does that happen? although i appreciate the wisdom, let it be known that i never sleep. these 2 weeks will not result in better sleep. let it also be known that it is impossible for me to do nothing. i cannot veg in front of the tv all day for days on end. i may avoid a major project, but i will be doing something. and finally, let it be known that resting is easier said that done right now. the fact that i am not working, my mind is at ease, my husband is home, and i am prepared for the baby to arrive is restful in itself. i think i will just go about my days until she arrives as they unfold. i may venture out, i may nap, i may take on a few creative projects....knowing i am making my soul restful before her arrival.

2 comments:

Christielli said...

I'm obvs not a parent, but I know a lot, and the consensus is that people will never stop giving you advice. You should just start to sing a happy song in your head during the advice-giving so that you can ignore it.

AMY said...

I hate when people say 'get a lot of rest before baby comes because you'll be in need of it after'
yeah, because getting lots of sleep now will help out after baby comes...do they think you can bank that sleep now and use it after she is born?

When people give you unsolicited advice, be as rude as you can and just blame it on hormones.