Tuesday, November 29, 2011

unheld yoga pose

mommy and me yoga took a new turn this week. today was the first class we had been to since Kenz was actively on the move, and boy was she ever today. our regular classes had her sitting beside me on a blanket, playing with toys, snacking and wandering about a foot away when not crawling on me. today she was off to explore and on the move the entire time. she was on everyone's mat, 'borrowing' toys without asking, chasing the other moving babies and still climbing on me. it is near impossible to get a good pose when you are always watching the baby crawl somewhere, and then running to grab her before she smacks a sleeping kid, or gets hit by a mother not seeing her on their mat. I hit a full sprint mid pose a few times today. she may be getting to an age where yoga doesn't work anymore....which will be sad. I was out of classes at then end of today and bought the 5 class package again, in hopes it works out for 5 more weeks.

2 comments:

Christielli said...

Two of my friends here have two-year-olds, and take them to yoga where the toddlers do poses. Guess you have that to look fwd to soon!

Anonymous said...

Kenz running around during yoga may not be a bad thing. You get your stretching and yoga poses in, as well as cardio when chasing her around. It works your body and mind, since you always have be on the lookout for her and what she's getting into. Clearly she's helping you out. And I agree with Christy, maybe they will start a 'toddler and me' yoga class and Kenz can get into some poses; get her started early!

Amy