Wednesday, November 9, 2011

timeline and to do's

I have set a fake time line in my head that attaches some parental to do's to it.
My babe is growing up and I am starting to see the return to work on the horizon. It is still 4 months away and that is a significant amount of time, but I am sensing the need to prepare. Is there never a moment to just enjoy babies? I feel like I am always prepping for the next step.

This preparation is more for me....I think. Currently, the situation is this: The baby is breastfed all the time and eats 3ish meals a day. She has refused a bottle, but is starting on a sippy cup. She feeds to sleep for naps and bedtime. As I will not be going to daycare with her, I need to find a way for her to nap without feeding to sleep and to take milk from a sippy if she needs it during the day.

At 9m babies are to have a transition in how they eat. Currently is is always milk offered first, then solids. This does a flip at 9m and she will begin eating more hopefully. My goals were to get her onto this new routine and then at 10m start to prep for daycare. That gives me 2 months to try a sippy cup before nap and just cuddles to sleep and to replace 1 or 2 feeds during the day with a snack. We are going to continue to breastfeed morning and night for a while after daycare starts.

At 11m I am hoping to start her at the daycare 1 day a week for the first week, then 2 days for week 2 and 3 and then 3 days for week 4. I think this transition is just for me as well. I guess it will help her adjust to their routine and how to 'survive' without me hovering over her.

I see the appeal of a SAHM on some levels. I am sure I will be happy to be back at work though too and into an adult life again. I know my bank account is pleading for me to go back early, but it will never win.

No comments: