Friday, November 18, 2011

all you can do is build it

We bought a second car seat last night which came in a big box. I immediately knew I needed to make a fort for the babes out of this. It is not the first big box to come through these doors in the last short while and I am kicking myself for throwing out the last one - it was an awesome one.

I taped it shut again to make it a sealed unit and started to cut a door in one side. I was pretty pumped about the image in my head and how it would turn out. On the front side, I cut a door that has a small handle cut out and a window. On the right I made a doggy door and then additional windows on the back and left.

In my head it is super awesome. In reality none of the cuts line up all that well and it looks like a kindergarten student hacked it with safety scissors. I suppose it is rustic. Regardless, I made what I thought was a cool fort/house/castle for the wee girl.

The baby is fascinated with crawling under tables, through the ironing board, over toys and exploring in general. I really thought she would be pumped to crawl through this little space, in through the door and out through the doggy door. I thought the windows would be a cool spot to play peek a boo with her.....but alas she finds it icky. She had no desire to venture in and a strong desire to get out when placed in there by a needy mom.

The sunny side to the story is that the dog loves it. He ran in through the front door and back out through the doggy door. He took a few toys in and lay down inside. I suppose that one small being getting joy from it was the intention of making it, so the day was a success.

1 comment:

Christielli said...

I love this story! I assume it was Edward who dug the box fort. Good on him.