Thursday, July 28, 2011

zen

I had a great extended weekend away. Even though it was a packed 5 days, it didn't fell like I was on the go the whole time. Each visit was good and the person(s) I was visiting really made the effort to make the visit relaxing. Kudos to you all!

I arrived back home in time for my 2nd baby yoga class. Ahhhhh....now this is the life! My baby is far from a little Buddha who is in her own zen place throughout the session, but I get to stretch, find some inner peace for 3 seconds at a time and see other moms with similar life styles. The instructor is also an awesome woman who I have easy adult conversation with. Even the parts of class where the baby is fussy or eating and I sit along the side of class or chill on my mat, I am still in a dimly lit room with tranquil music and other babies doing the exact same. I think this may be my splurge item while it lasts (the classes continue or the baby cooperates). A once a week moment that brings me some balance.

They also have a lunch class and my non mom side is already excited for when I go back to work to hit up that class on my own and have some real yoga time.

No comments: