Thursday, June 9, 2011

ohhh the guilt

I have what I am assuming is 'mom guilt'.
The baby went down for a nap this morning.....a MUCH NEEDED nap. She has been a super crank this week with the 3 month growth spurt. She may wake up 10ft tall, but she needed the sleep. The mom guilt steps in when I also went down for a nap. I was probably a super crank too and needed some extra zzzz's. The real guilt starts here.....I woke up and she was still asleep. In fact, I had a whole hour to myself......what to do with this time? The trick though, is never knowing how much time you actually have. You could have 10 min. or you could have 1 hour. I took my time and got dressed, then I did some laundry folding, then I made a to do list instead of actually doing some of those jobs, then I went to check on her, then I blogged. In realty, I should be tackling the to do list(s) and not taking the hour for me time. I will regret it immensely when she is awake and I can't get those things done......but it feels so good to blog in silence, to get dressed slowly, to fold laundry with two hands. How do enjoy the quiet down time without the guilt of the to do list. damn those lists!

1 comment:

Christielli said...

I'm pretty sure that taking some time for yourself was way more important than any of the things on those list(s).