Wednesday, January 26, 2011

one of the coolest gifts

I thought I would share one of the coolest gifts I got as an expecting mom in case people ever want to replicate this idea.

Part way through the pregnancy I received a gift from my husband's aunt, which turned out to be right up my alley. She bought me a stack of pregnancy magazines. This can be a fairly simple gift to give, yet perhaps costly, but an easy find. The magazines were a very wide variety from popular culture based pregnancy magazines to very holistic/organic styles. Each one was filled with information on being pregnant, having a new born or raising children. It was nice to have a variety of view points, quick reads and plenty of links to new websites and products. The stories from moms on what i am going through were also comforting.

I love to read, I love magazines, and I love a variety of viewpoints on a new subject, so this was a great gift for me. I have re-read several of them over the months. As this pregnancy changes, so does the information I take away from these articles.

There was one particular one that looked at cloth diapers, breastfeeding, natural birthing and featured a lot of great sites on organic products that I may grab a 1 yr subscription to. I know people say you will have no time once the baby is here, but I plan to read to her at night, and she may like me reading magazines of my own interest.

No comments: