Sunday, January 23, 2011

8 months on the dot

8 months if we go based on simple math of 32 weeks along, which I am, so 8 months it is.

I start 32 weeks today! another milestone!! I made it through another month!!!
I am still celebrating the small victories as the rough start to this pregnancy has never left my mind for a moment. Every small new movement, change in my body, new piece to the pregnancy puzzle has me frantic until I know it is normal and ok. A strangle loop hole I am finding with pregnancy is anything seems to be normal.

I met with my midwife last week. We discussed leg cramps, shin splints and the small issue that I was worried I ruined the baby. A strong heart beat and kicks means she is just fine, although I still have a solid fear that I deformed her. When I was out of town for work, I sat up in the middle of the night. I normally roll out of bed now, so sitting straight up was new for my body right now and my pelvic bone hit her head. My immediate fear is she would look like Sloth from the Goonies. Apparently this sort of thing can happen, as everything is all normal in pregnancy.

To celebrate week 32 I have a massaged booked for Wednesday. :) My hips and pelvis have been very sore the past week due to muscles and ligaments relaxing and letting go. Things seem to be moving around and bone rotation is hard to get used to. Hopefully a massage puts it all back in place.

1 comment:

Christielli said...

I'm sure that if a mom sitting up straight while pregnant cause people to look like a character from the Goonies, there would be way more strange-looking people out there.

Congrats on 8 months!