Sunday, February 20, 2011

seems soon to call it a wrap!

I had my last doula appointment yesterday. It seems too early to be wrapping up the loose ends before labor. We went over the final birth plan and discussed all the details for my wishes the day of. I signed off on the paperwork for her to be apart of my delivery and discussed how the actual "main event" will go down. With the way the world works, it is not a 100% guarantee she will be there, so my husband and I still have our homework to finish. Pending a cold, or life itself, we may have to be the support each other needs. I don't doubt we would be fine, but I like to be prepared. My normal way of prepping for any real test is cramming, and not knowing the test date makes it near impossible. I have been forced to study a little at a time, all the time.

My birth plan is finished, positions have been discussed, the addition of my giant yoga ball has been added to the hospital bags, and massage techniques are on the table to try out over the next few weeks. I am down to the increased use of positive affirmations to mentally prepare my self. The soul and body and well prepared, now the mind is on its last lap.

I think I will miss the reading I have been doing after the baby is here. I have spent months and months filling myself with every opinion out there, gaining a very vast knowledge on my options for birth. I went to bed last night, happy again that I am not going the doctor route for this pregnancy. I always shine a lot brighter when I have choices and options.

Cheers to the start of 36 weeks.

*** although I missed a few blogs the last while, I have been 100% baby focused. Having my husband home has been the worlds greatest treat. I have been taking full advantage of our couple time together and enjoying the last weeks of just us.

No comments: